Monday, August 11, 2014

All signs point to writing

I've been reading a lot lately.  It's summer and that's what I like to do during my break from school.  Plus, if you read my last post, you know that we don't have cable anymore.  So that gives me more free time to...read.

Most of the books I read this summer have been making me think, more than I usually do, about really pursuing my dream of being an author.  Not only that, but the speakers I've heard at our traditional back-to-school workshops have also had a profound impact on me and the way I'm thinking.  I've been praying for God to put the right people in my path and He's done it.

So, after I get my bills paid (again, see last post), I plan to fully pursue finishing up my payment to the publisher who currently has my second children's book ready to go.  My goal is to have this one out by November so I can publish my next book, a devotional type book, by December 2015. 

See, I have a plan.  And, although things are hard for my family right now, I can see that all signs are pointing to writing.  I've been wanting to blog more lately.  I've started writing a fiction novel!  I still have a plastic bin full of stories and illustrations.  It's in my blood.  It's in my heart.  And I am finally being still long enough to listen to God.  He's answering my prayers, slowly and steadily. 

Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment