Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Inspiration

My students have really surprised me.  They seem genuinely interested in the fact that I write blogs!  It's amusing to me.  But I don't know why.  I would have been inspired or interested if I had known my high school teacher was a writer. 

It's neat, I guess.  I enjoy my job, but more and more each day I am wanting to write.  All. Day. Long.  It consumes my thoughts.  Sometimes I don't want to do anything else.  It's hard.  So I keep working my blog and writing my daily stories in the hopes that the right person will read it and like it and maybe want to publish one of the stories.  Or all of them, as a collection.  I don't know.  I just write because I feel it's what I have to do.  It would be nice to get paid for it but that's not why I do it.

I am looking forward to fall break from school so that maybe with the extra time to focus on the words, I can write some better literature, perhaps finish a few more chapters of my novel, complete more of the children's books I've written, and work on my devotional book that I began several years ago.  Lots of unfinished projects but there's hope. 

It's funny how I'm supposed to be the one inspiring the students and motivating them to reach their dreams but they are doing that for me.  I find so much inspiration in seeing the seniors working hard to complete scholarship applications and apply for college.  Just seeing them go after their goals makes me want to keep working on mine. 

I'm not ready to put my life on cruise control until retirement.  I can't.  I'm nowhere near prepared for that and I don't want to be.  I'm determined to be a semi-famous author, at least to the point of replacing my teaching salary one day when retirement is near.  Until then, I will keep teaching all day and writing late at night.  I will continue to motivate students to reach their goals and I hope they will continue to inspire me to reach mine.

This post dedicated to my 2014-2015 1st and 6th period Spanish 2 classes.  Muchisimas gracias!

No comments:

Post a Comment